Second hand Computer
, Apple Mac
, Media Center (MCE)
, Dell Dimension
, Computer Games
With the speed that technology and computers change there is an excellent secon hand market for nearly new PC's.
A PC is out of date within months of being released but even a machine that is a couple of years old it can still happily run word processing programs or be used to browse the web.
Like with many goods a second hand Computer can probably be found on ebay and better still you can register free.
Computer Buying Tips
- If the machine still has some warranty make sure the it allows ownship to be transfered
- When buying a second hand Computer make sure that all supplied software (including the operating system) is legally licensed
- If the BIOS is password protected you need to get the password off the seller
- Ensure you get all manuals and the original discs and licenses that came with the Computer
- When buying a secondhand Computer at auction, don't get carried away and bid over the new price
- If it comes with a TFT check it for dead pixels
- If the Computer is running slowly it may just need more memory which can be purchased relatively cheaply nowadays
- If you want to take the Computer to LAN parties make sure it is not too heavy
Computer Selling Tips
The following sample adverts are based on those found in the classified section of various local newspapers. If you are thinking of putting your up for sale you can base your ad on any of the following.
Computer for Sale
Only 6 months old hardly used, comes complete with XP professional
Very Old Computer
Runs Windows 98 but fine for browsing the web
1 Year old Computer
Fast machine, 1 GB memory, large hard disc
Great Value Computer
17 inch screen, CDRW, 2.4 GHZ Processor
Related Pages: Car
- Sports Equipment
- Musical Instrument
- Electronic Goods